Friday, July 25, 2008

Colors . . . . . Colors

Remember that crazy gang movie from the 80's? I think it was about the Bloods and the Crips. That's the song running through my head (by Ice T if I'm not mistaken - but I probably am, as rap is not my forte). But I 'm not refering to blowing people's brains out, just my camera and how I can't make it take pictures that are the same color as the actual item I'm trying to photograph. For instance, take the nasty fuschia colored Arucania I bought (I don't know why)
Now granted, both are craptastic blurry pictures but they don't even look like they are of the same yarn. They are! The reason I took pictures though is because the yarn in the skein, to me, looked so different than the yarn in the ball! I love the yarn in the ball! It's this sweet variagated (how do you spell that) pink. Look.Oh but wait, one looks red and the other looks, pink, but not the pinks in the actual ball. I think the top one is closest. I guess you guys will have to wait until I'm finished and maybe if I take sock pictures outside, I'll come closer to the real color.

This yarn? Right now two tiny little sock cuffs are resting on two skinny little circs waiting for me to finish knitting them! Yeah! I did it! I figured it out! I had to make the tiniest size of Emily's Socks (fewer stitches seemed to be the trick for me figuring it all out) which is size 2-4, but that's ok, because my niece Hali-Kathryn is conveniently age 3! So she'll be getting the learning experiment. Of course, they live in Alabama, and the need for wool socks there might not be so high, but her mom (who is my niece Bekah - Hali-Kathryn is my great niece, trippy huh?) is one of those people who saves everything hand made and is loathe to let her kids use or wear such stuff. She rocks in the sense that she'll still have all the handmade stuff we've made for her, where everyone else in the family uses it out of existence. So the socks will go to a good home.

Well, I'm off to knit some more socks, but also to focus on the Hopps for Hope Lodge afghan squares. People - did you know there are prizes from Briar Rose yarns to be had? Hop to Holly's blog to see the goods!

Off on an adventure, taking the camera!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think it is an ugly color ... I love pinks & fushias!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I like the pinks too.