Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Traverse City Yarn Store

We literally made it into the yarn store five minutes before it closed! (at 5:00) We left so late from here, about 2:30 and it takes 2 1/2 hours to get to Traverse City, so I figured we wouldn't eve make it. I didn't even get my hopes up. I decided to be content with the fact that I could go to Target.

We rolled into TC at about 4:45. We didn't even really have a map, I had printed one out, but forgot to bring it. I figured Joe wouldn't even care, but he did the most surprising thing. He insisted that we find it! And we did!

It was a nice little yarn store, but I tell ya, I still miss my lys's in Metro Detroit. It was a shame I only had a few minutes to shop though because the hubbo whipped out the credit card without even looking at the prices! Had I only known . . . As it was I only bought a skein of green Plymouth Encore and 3 skeins of yummy Plymouth Happy Feet sock yarn! I'll take pictures later today, maybe outside because the sun has made a rare appearance.

The mall was fun. Sophie enjoyed it immensely. We went to Limited Too. For those of you without pre-teen girls, it is THE place to shop. It's also hideously expensive. But when they have a sale going on it's ok. Sophie got some sunglasses and some cute little shorts.

I bought the new Janet Evanovich book. I know I could wait for it from the library, but without my connections, I would be waiting until the next one came out! So I bought it. Yay!

I'm boring myself when I read this post so I will cut it off now! Pictures tomorrow!

3 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Sounds like you had fun. Any day you can get your hubby into the yarn store without looking at prices is a good day!

Holly Bee said...

Yarn? Running around the mall? Not boring! Crazy arm wailing fun!

Unknown said...

Hey - are you still in town? Call me!!!