Monday, June 2, 2008

My New Obsession

I have a new obsession. Actually it's part of an obsession I developed when I learned you could watch entire seasons of tv shows on Netflix.com, which we subscribed to when we moved to Alpena. First it was Weeds. Then Friday Night Lights, now my friends, it's Heroes. OMG! I, like, found the greatest tv show ever freakin' made! Do I sound like a teenage girl with her first crush? That's cuz, like, I am!

Tell me someone out there watches this show too. I love the actors, I love the stories, I love everything about it, even the fact that it's slightly cheesy! It reminds me of Alias, also cheesy, but my brother and I have a theory about Alias that I think aplies to Heroes too. It's supposed to be cheesy! It's not meant to be taken seriously. For goodness sakes, it's a comic book! It's fun! And all the boys are totally cute! Anyway, I've only got a few episodes to go left in the second season. And I just read today that the third season doesn't start until *gasp* September!

I knit while I watch it. Except the parts where Hiro and Ando are speaking Japanese, then I have to stop and read the captions. It's perfect for knitting squares for my NYOBE.I swiped this pattern from my Stitch-n-Bitch Nation book. It's a pattern for one of the scarves, something about a mock cable. I had to reknit it about four times before I got gauge. I hate gauge. But since I have to send this to someone who is expecting a 12" by 12" square, I gotta do it.

It's also really great for socks, once you have the pattern memorized. These are my upside down nutkins
Upside down because the pattern was written top down but I wanted to knit them toe up. So instead of flipping the pattern, I just knit them. I think they still look pretty cool.

I'm also working on Muir. Everytime I go to take a picture of it, my camera is indisposed. You know, naked because it's charger is being charged, or just not where it should be. When it shows up it is full of pictures of little girls hammin it up! Anyway, I love it, Muir, it's out of the same yarn from which I knit Kristin's Charlotte's Web. I think I heart lace now.

I gotta go get my kids. Only 4 more days of freedom. I'm ready for summer, but I'll miss all the computer viewing tv show time!

2 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I haven't ever seen it, but I love the socks!

Linda said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the socks! Really makes me wish I could knit. I've tried and tried but it just frustrates the crap out of me and I end up...well it's not pretty. Let's just sa everyone around me is happy I don't knit. :)