Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Square

Well, I found this really cute little pattern for an afghan square. Seed blocks! Fun and easy, perfect for a square which you plan to knit sitting in front of the television watching such trash, as say, The Mole!I had part of a skein of Wool-Ease left and just started knitting right away. About halfway through I realized that I wasn't gonna have enough. That sucked. I kept telling myself I could do it, somehow streeeeeech the yarn, but alas it wasn't to be. I frogged it. All that work. Oh well. I found some pretty yarn, an entire skein this time and started it all over. Now I'm about half done with it and sure that I will have enough yarn. Plus as a bonus, while I was cleaning the craft room I found another skein on neutral Wool-Ease. Rocker! Really, because I went to Jo-Ann's and Wal-Mart up here, and there is no worsted weight Wool-Ease to be found.

While I was at Jo-Ann's, I did find some pretty orange and green yarn! It's the Vanna White line, which is all acrylic, so I'll need to double check with my Zombie peeps (ravelry link) and see if that's ok for our Hopps blanket. But the colors were so perfect, I could not pass it up.

I'm afraid that's all I have of late. Squares, squares, and more squares. Here are some squares waiting to be mailed. I've also got 2 lace wraps on the needles, being neglected at the moment. And one plain vanilla sock out of Alpaca Sox in Eastery colors also sitting alone in the corner. They are there as reward knitting. If I get enough squares done, I let myself knit the other stuff!

4 comments:

Linda said...

My W-mart NEVER carries Wool-Ease! I saw those Jiffy colors at Michaels. They are perfect for the Hopps Blanket. I'm working on a green basket weave square now.

Holly Bee said...

The green and orange Vanna are wonderful!!! Just the thing!

I'm working on a very plain orange square, she's Filler, plain and stubby.

tracyb said...

I think I might try something more fancy for the Hope Lodge, but as of now all my squares are filler! You should check out some of the squares in the NYOBE group on Rav. Crazy stuff.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Nothing is more frustrating than getting almost done with something and not having enough yarn to get to the end of it. sigh.