I finished my star square and now am knitting another one with the same colors, but garter stitch, although it's the one where you start with three stitches, yarn over twice and keep going and then when you get far enough start decreasing. It looks nice if I say so myself. Gotta take pictures.
While some of you are leaving the workforce, I'm trying to bust my way in - at least part time. I got a volunteer job at the library! It's just cataloging historical stuff for their history room, but I'm geeked. I love libraries. I think I belong in a library. Or a yarn store.
And I applied for a job proofreading for the local newspaper. How fun might that be? And that one pays, probably not a lot, but maybe enough to make buying yarn not such a guilt filled adventure.
Anyway I was surfing the net and found this Meme and since I have no pictures I thought it might be fun. Do it on your blogs if you want to. But don't feel like you have to. But if you do let me know, I love finding out stuff about you guys!
1. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, just my husband. He's better than a stuffed animal.
2. Last book you read that was really super, inspiring, you'd recommend it to people. If you have someone in your family struggling with addiction, "Beautiful Boy" is a great book. The author's last name is Sheff and he writes about his sons struggle with meth. His son also wrote a book about his struggle with the drug called "Tweak".
3. What food totally grosses you out? Split pea soup. Can't even look at it. My mom used to make it and my sister would come eat bowl after bowl. I couldn't even look at her while she did it. Gross.
4. Movie that scared you so much you were afraid of the dark after. Oh "Silence of the Lambs". Me and Joe lived in an apartment when that movie came out. I would not go in the parking lot by myself after dark for years. (you know he kidnapped that girl from "Grey's Anatomy" in the parking lot of her apartment and kept her in the hole). I still can't even bear to hear it on tv in another room!
5. A song that makes you dance every time you hear it. Ok, this one is a little embarrasing. "Ice, Ice, Baby" by Vanilla Ice. What can I say?
6. Tattoos? Have one? Want one? Think they are gross? I don't have any and I don't think I want any, but only because I'm a total wuss. I think they are super cool and I love watching people get them on Miami Ink. In fact, if I had any artistic ability, I would love to be a tatoo artist!
7. When's the last time you laughed so hard you nearly peed yourself? Ok, this was hilarious to me and it needs some back story. My son is 5' 9" tall and weighs about 125. He's a stick bug really, but with seriously wide shoulders. So he's putting on his band tux up here and he comes out with the tux pants, whose waist is practically up to his nipples on and they are so tight he can't breathe! I was like "Dude, those look . . . " and my nephew, quick as anything, says "You look like a Matador". I did almost pee my pants, and he did look like a Matador.
Ok, that's it.