Monday, March 17, 2008

Sock Insanity

This is my pretty Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, all wound up in a ball. It's very autumnal in colors. I was looking through ravelry for a pattern that would show off the colors and found one that I have! I think it's called "Mock Wave Cable" or something like that, anyway it's in the book "Favorite Socks". Here they are started . . .
and here is one finished! I've got one repeat left in the leg of the next one and of course, the whole foot, which seems like it takes forever. Honestly, when you are knitting the foot of a sock, doesn't it feel like you are knitting for a giant's foot? And then when you measure it, there's nothing there! It's endless! But I love it, and thank goodness, my feet are average sized.
This is the beginning of my moving monkeys. They are done. But they are not where I put them, so photographing them is impossible until they are found. That very well be next winter. Why? I'm going to go take a picture of all the crap we have to unpack, and then perhaps it can be understood why I will not be undergoing a massive sock search at this time!
I titled this post "sock insanity" because yesterday I added a full page of sock patterns to my queue in Ravelry! It would have been more but a couple were in German or something I couldn't decipher. And, now that I'm almost done with my Cherry Tree Hill socks, I feel the need to purchase more sock yarn. This is problematic. I have two great skeins of Dream in Color Smooshy just staring at me, and I fully intend to use one to make my next pair of socks. But I think this must be what it's like to be a crack addict . . . if I use one skein, I've GOT to replace it! I mean seriously! I feel all fidgety! Like I keep staring at the keys to the car and contemplating the route to the yarn store when I should just be happy with my smooshy (not to mention the five or so other skeins of stuff in my stash!). The other problem being, I'm unemployed. No money. Yes, the husband makes some money, but he is loathe to spend it on yarn when the skeins of Smooshy are staring him in the face also. He doesn't understand. He says things like "Why don't you use up all of your yarn first and then you can go yarn shopping?" And also, this whole economy thing is freaking him out. This morning when he heard about that big bank going under, he started talking louder and excitedly about things I do no understand. He said, numerous times "This is big . . . I mean really big" with his eyes all agog. I just asked him if we were ok, and he said yes. That's all I need to know. That, and when can I buy some yarn from the Loopy Ewe online?
Oh, and this is the front of the house. I would call it our house, but I'm not going to do that until we sell our house (that really isn't our house because the bank owns it) downstate. Oh my gosh, I said downstate. Anyway I don't want to jinx it, because I kinda like this house.

Oh yeah, Happy St. Patrick's Day! May your clothes be green and your corned beef be tasty!

3 comments:

Holly Bee said...

Your socks are great!!!

Your house is really cool!

Something mysterious about bank stuff...

tracyb said...

Thank you! I just meant that we can't officially buy this house until we sell our house in Clawson. :( We are renting to own, we have 18 mos. to sell it. Wish us luck!

Holly Bee said...

Good luck friend!!!