Sunday, December 7, 2008

Socks on a Sunday


I finished my socks. Basically, while watching House and doing a couple of loads of laundry, I knit a sock in a day. Amazing. For me anyway. I don't know if that's a good thing or it means I'm too obsessed with knitting. Or House.

Started another pair of socks of which I have no pictures. They are pink. Stockinette. Boring, but nice to knit while watching tv. I stalled on the shawl. Not because it's hard or anything, but I'm in no hurry. And I do need to finish the secret mitten swap mittens. I fear I may be knitting mittens for a giant. I'm at the thumb gusset and wonder if they might not be woman sized. Maybe they would fit the Ogre over at Holly's house? A reknit may be in order.

It's still snowing here. On top of the railing of the deck rests 21 inches of snow according to my hubby. That's cumulative for the whole season so far but still . . . I don't think I've ever seen a winter with that much snow, that I can remember anyway. My poor little Chevy Malibu moves like an old lady with a cane trying to make the turn out of our subdivision. I'm all for good gas mileage and not polluting the earth, but I think I might need something with four-wheel drive.

Gotta go to the work party today after work. We are supposed to eat and then decorate the library, but I think I may just eat and beat a hasty exit, seeing as how I still have to decorate my own house.

Anyway, hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'll try and take some pictures of the snow for those of you who don't often get the pleasure of such beauty. :)

1 comment:

Holly Bee said...

Socks for the Ogre! Socks for the Ogre!!! That's something I will never do!

I understand the small car in the snow problem. Good gas mileage doesn't make for the best winter driving.

PLUS-it snows 9 months out of the year, what were we thinking? I'm talking about the living here, not the car choices.