Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pictureless

I don't have any new pictures! I mean, I have pictures, but they are on my son's camera and I can't find the cord to hook it up to the computer. He's 15 and since it is Sunday at 11:45 a.m., obviously he is asleep. Waking him up is not worth it. Trust me. I'll just post pictures later.

I've been doing a lot of knitting. I finished the mohawk hat from Pretty in Punk. I made it out of black cadena (from knitpicks) and some worsted weight wool (also from knitpicks, I forgot what it was) but I doubled it to make the fringey things on the mohawk. It turned out really cute! It was the second time I've felted something, the first time nothing really happened! I know I used the right kind of yarn, it was Cascade 220, so it should have shrunk more than it did, but this yarn felted perfectly! I made it for one of my library friends. She is really tall and skinny and has an awesome eclectic sense of style. She can totally pull off this hat. Kristinknits took pictures for me, at the library, but she hasn't emailed them to me yet. (that's the first time I linked to something from a post, how cool!)

I'm also halfway done with the argyle scarf from Son of a Stitch n' Bitch. It's double knitted. While reading blogs and ravelry comments (getting carried away here I am!) I've noticed that many people don't enjoy double knitting. I guess I'm weird, because I totally dig it! It did take awhile to get the hang of it, but now it just goes so fast, and it's so much easier than intarsia, but with the same effect, with the bonus that both sides are the right side! And I like how thick and smushy the fabric is. My scarf is going to be for me and my daughters to share, so I don't think I'm going to use all for skeins of yarn, (the girls need to be able to walk without tripping over the ends!) but I still need to make it a little bit longer.

Also working on some plain ribbed socks out of Koigu. I love knitting with that stuff. It's so smooth and the colorway is gorgeous. Pictures soon I promise.

I've discovered that I can't knit and watch the Republican debates. I get too angry and start yelling at the television. I forget that I'm supposed to be following a pattern. Those people, it's like they are living on a different planet. A planet where healthcare is not an issue, where Mexican immigrants don't qualify as human beings, and 23 American boys dying in a month is an acceptable number, no wait, not acceptable, but considered a success for the surge in Iraq. I don't mean to ramble and shove my opinions down people's throats, I just don't understand. Ok I'm off my soapbox.

Oh and I bought the most awesome book! Knitting New Scarves! The patterns are crazy! But after reading through a couple and looking at the great instructional pictures that come with the patterns, I think I might be able to pull some of the easier ones off! Must. finish. argyle. scarf. before. casting. on! The pull is great my friends. Help me to resist!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, okay! : ) I will get those pics to you today. I forgot ... sorry.