Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pigs and Knitting - Passions


You know the little hat I started knitting I think it was on Tuesday? Well here it is. On Thursday. (modeled by one of my pigs . . . more on that to follow). I knit this thing like a fiend. Knitting round and round and round in front of the tv while watching House one nights and America's Next Top Model the next. (I think I mentioned my little addiction to reality TV in my blog description) This was perfect tv knitting. The snowflakes took a little more thought, so I didn't watch tv while I did those. I love this hat. It only took one skein of yarn and I bought two, so I am going to make some little booties to go with!

My pigs? Well, I have sort of a collection of pig lawn ornaments. It started about six years ago. In the small city in which we live, my husband was a baseball coach. If you are thinking about coaching? Think hard. It's a noble thing, but you better have some pretty thick skin, because you are NOT going to make every parent happy. Anyway. The pigs. Yeah.

Someone who didn't like the way my husband was doing things sent us an anonymous letter through the mail complaining about his coaching methods. (My husband was and is an awesome coach by the way, he just can't coach our kids -- I think the problem is he's too hard on them).

As an aside the anonymous coward decided to add that they thought I should clean the house more because we lived like pigs. Here let me see if I can recall the exact words "Tracy, clean your house you live like pigs!" Oh yes, and if you are astute you will notice that this anonymous creep must be someone who has been in MY HOUSE! I have never been more hurt by something in my life. I still don't know who did it. I wonder everytime I look at certain people in this community.

My friends stood by me and we turned it into a little joke, which I then took to an extreme by buying every pig lawn ornament (for the lawn so whatever moron wrote the letter could see) I could find. I have the green pig above, who had a twin who suffered an unfortunate mishap with my sons football game. I have a ceramic beige flying pig. I have a country girl pig holding a tulip on a stake, a cute little round pink pig on a stake and my personal favorite and the first pig (or pigs) to join the collection, a mama pig with three babies stacked one on top of the other on top of her. Like me, and my three babies. Living in our little pig house, which might be a little messy but which allows me lots of time to spend with said pigs, oh and a little time to knit too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - I have never heard this story. That is crazy and I need to hear more details - at work - tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just INSANE!

Oh, and I already told you, but I love the hat. So cute!