Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ode to a Pink Blob

That big pink blob? That is my Pinko The Wave, getting it's edging! Celebrate good times, come on! Although I hear it takes a while, I'm enjoying knitting the short repeat and connecting the stitches. It's good tv knitting. And it's good "avoid gettting your house "show ready" knitting.

We think we are going to be able to move from this house to another. It's a bittersweet sort of blessing I guess. I love this house, it's why I agreed to move to Alpena, but times being what they are, our house downstate hasn't sold and we can no longer afford this house. I am a lucky woman, there are a few houses here that totally meet our families needs, if not being everything we want. We won't be homeless, and really, I'll have more money for yarn, so it's a good thing, right?

As well as Pinko - which I'm thinking of renaming to something to do with cherry blossoms (the yarn reminds me of cherry blossoms!) I'm cranking out a pair of Pomatomusus, or Pomatomii as I like to refer to them. Out of Berroco Comfort Sox, which, while splitty is uncomparable for it's cheapness and comfort factor. Wash it a few times and the socks are more comfortable and better looking.

Clawson's library millage passed! Go BML! I'm so happy for them, but I must admit I am a bit jealous. I would give my eye teeth to still be working there. I miss the library and everyone in it so much. I can't wait to see the new children's area!

3 comments:

Holly Bee said...

I love you! Translation: I hope everything goes awesome and works out wonderfully for you!

Linda said...

First: Holy Crap! Alpena is UP there isn't it? By Downstate, how far south do you mean?
Second: What Holly said.
Third: Loving the Pink Blob:)....have the Cherry trees bloomed there yet?

tracyb said...

Linda - downstate is Detroit, or just north of Detroit really and yes, Alpena is almost as far up as you go before you hit the land before civilization. There is Mackinaw at the tippy top, but I think Alpena might be bigger. And since we are so far north, I have not seen any trees blooming yet! :(

Thanks for the love you guys!