Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol

I know everyone out there who watches is probably all bummed that Adam didn't win, but look, I think things worked out well for all involved.

Yes, Adam is a more versatile and powerful vocalist. That's why it's good he lost. If he had won, he would be stuck to American Idol forever, doing their kind of music, which isn't what suits him best. This way he's free to be the artist he wants to be and feed off of American Idol press. I can't wait to see what he does.

Kris needed American Idol. He's more low key, and while not a particularly powerful singer can do cool things with his voice. He reminds me of Elliot Yamin, who was one of my favorite idols ever. I can't wait to see what Kris does either. I just wish he didn't have to sing that cheesy "No Boundaries" song. Haven't the powers that be at AI figured out that no one likes that?

Anyway, I found my camera and I'm charging it this afternoon. Pictures of knitting forthcoming. This is my WIP list :

1. Pinko the Wave (haven't come up with a more suitable name yet!)
2. Sock of my own "design" (really I cobbled together some other people's designs)
3. Another sock, that's been frogged at least twice and now isn't really a sock but a ball of yarn
4. An Argosy baby blanket (this is my favorite right now!)

I am also doing some quilting, applique roosters to frame and put in my new house. I used to quilt all the time but knitting dragged me away.

3 comments:

Linda said...

WOW! Found the camera, Pinko the Wave, two socks AND quilting?!?! When do you have time to sleep:)
Looking forward to the pics!

tracyb said...

I sleep, I just don't do housework!

Holly Bee said...

Photos! Pinko!! Sockessssess, my Precious! Secretly quilting...you the bomb! I know you're doing this while watching baseball!