Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is it Winter?

Yesterday, it snowed. Well really it snowed Tuesday night, . . . and freakin' stuck to the ground! Oh and it didn't melt until about noon! People, it's October! It's also Northeast Michigan so I shouldn't be surprised and in my head I'm not, but in my heart I'm not ready. My heart is still in Southeast Michigan, where maybe, maybe (but probably not) it will snow around Thanksgiving, or really, closer to Christmas.Thank goodness that's not my car - I have a garage now that you can actually park cars in and you don't have to scrape snow off of them! This is some poor soul's car in the parking lot at Wal-Mart. I used to live in Kalamazoo. It didn't take me long to get used to it's crazy lake effect snow winters, in fact I liked them. I was younger then.


Behold my birthday present. It feels dirty, because it's all hidden like in my garage. It should be out on the lawn because truly, it's not dirty to be a Democrat. I know lots of other Democrats and they are fine upstanding citizens. Maybe that's my mission up here, to teach the poor Republicans that Democrats are people too.I'm so excited to vote! I'm going to drop off my daughter and go get in line at the Word of Life Baptist Church (that's where I vote, which I also find weird - downstate you vote at schools, not churches)and wait to pull the lever, or fill in the dots, or poke the holes, however you do it in Michigan now! I'm smart, I can figure it out!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oooo! Snow! It's pretty! Yea it's me, little Miss Southern Suzie Sunshine always blowin smoke up your skirt. Ya know I'm a Yankee right? Lived in Chi-town till I was 20 where you can't see the kids costumes under the winter coats, then moved to the Colorado mountains where they get FEET of snow by Halloween and then New Jersy. Ya. I've paid my dues thankyouverymuch. =)

Unknown said...

Love the political sign in the garage window! You are brave. We didn't put up any signs in our new hood - but I will be Barckin' the Vote on Halloween night. I posted a photo of my Barack O'Lantern ... check it out.