Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Knit Stuff

Here is the last square I'm gonna churn out for the Hopps for Hope Blanket. It's number six. Number seven is in the works, but I just can't get motivated to finish it and the deadline quickly approaches. Number seven is cute, too. It's a houndstooth check with two different shades of green. Maybe.
See the cute book mark my daughter helped me make? They totally dig the beads and the green and orange charm was just screaming at me.


That's my stack o' blocks for my Not Your Ordinary Block Exchange Afghan. The one on the bottom is mine, blocking, because, of course, it did not resemble a square in any way, shape or form. Maybe a very wide rectangle. Now all the blocks are pieced together and the whole thing is looking a little lopsided, so I put it away for a bit before I try to edge it. It needed a time out.

And just for kicks, here's a picture my ten year old took. It's the rocks outside of my house. In the long view, they really aren't that pretty, but up close I think she caught something.

Maybe I can hire her out as a photographer and make some yarn money!

2 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I would like to have some yarn dyed the colors found in those rocks.

Holly Bee said...

Haha! Got the block :) It's so green and orange around the house it's even starting to freak me out!

I love the rocky photo! The Pigs had me take photos of rocks at the beach because I told them they couldn't take them all home with us!