Wednesday, April 2, 2008

NetFlix Rocks!

Did you know you can watch stuff for free on your computer if you subscribe to NetFlix? Un-huhn.
Like Weeds? The show from Showtime! Awsome! I think I watched four episodes today, and I wasn't totally unproductive either. Look what I did . . .It's a ball band dishcloth in spring colors! I'm supposed to meet the Alpena knitting ladies tomorrow for lunch and I thought it would be nice to go with a little gift. There are three ladies and so far one and a smidge dishcloths. I think I might be able to finish it and one more before tomorrow. We'll see.

Went to the job fair. Applied for a temp agency. Haven't done that since the first year I was married! Also applied for a teller job at a bank. It actually sounds kind of fun. We'll see. One thing that totally shocked me, we talked to a lady who worked at the local Nursing home. They needed nurses, lpns, cnas, rns. Dude, she volunteered the pay scale and I'm sure my mouth hung open. Those people only make from $9.00 (cna) to $15.00 (rn). That's ridiculous. First of all to be an RN don't you have to get a bachelor's degree nowadays? And everyone knows the nurses do all of the work. Yes, the doctor has to make life or death decisions and his name is on the line, but geez, the pay discrepancy there is ludicrous. I've said it before, but something has to change in our health care system, and fast.

Off to knit some ballbands. (ooo . . . that could sound dirty!)

No comments: