Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dunkin Donuts

I went inside the Dunkin Donuts here for the first time today. It was culture shock. First of all, it's not just a Dunkin Donuts! It's like a party store! Candy up the wazoo, a make your own nachos machine, a rather large and prominent cigarette kiosk . . . Woah. Downstate, Dunkin Donuts is just Dunkin Donuts. Coffe, bagels, donuts, breakfast sandwiches and maybe some newspapers. The employees up here are awesome though and they made me a great cup of coffee. Extra cream and extra sugar and it tasted just like I like it! And they punch your free coffee card once for each beverage you purchase, not just once per visit like downstate.

The best? At the checkout counter, they had Nascar Cigarette Cases. As I live and breathe! I wish I had had my camera with me. I've got to start taking it around with me. I think the numbers were 45, 9 and something else. I've never seen anything like it.
This is the before shot of my babies. They are going for their first haircut today and I want documentation that they were cute and will be cute again. Joe says we have to get them shaved so we can see if they get infested with fleas. Although, even if you shave the black one bald, his skin is like this crazy blue/black color and you'd never notice a flea on him. Only the pups are going to the groomer. Nona is the kind of dog who doesn't need grooming and I think she'd stroke out if you came at her with a razor. I'll post the after pictures later!

Gotta cruise. Off for a fun day of puppy cuts and gardening expos at the Alpena mall. We are taking Holly's advice and checking out the local flavor!

3 comments:

Kristina B said...

This Dunkin Donuts seems like it is way over the top, Tracy. I was laughing with your post. ;-)

Holly Bee said...

So proud of you and the local flava!

I am afraid of your Dunkin Donuts! It's so Michigan and donuty all at once!

I hate to admit it, but I love their coffee. Whatever their sugar is, it's not real sugar, it's too good... it's devil sugar.

tracyb said...

Holly - Honestly? I love me a good cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee - did you notice I said extra cream, extra SUGAR? Yum.

Kristina - I kid you not, you should come visit just to see the Dunkin Donuts. oh and at WalMart today? I found Nascar pajama pants. (I hope I'm not offending anyone with the nascar quips, I personally just don't get it!)