Monday, April 28, 2008

Secret Project

So there is a picture of the coolest thing I've ever knit. Not much fun, eh? It's a gift, so I can't show you the really cool part until it's been given to it's intended recipient. But I will give you another tease . . .
Yep, it's lace! My very first legitimate attempt. By legitimate I mean I finished it! It was a simple but cool pattern. Now I'm working on the Swallowtail Shawl. I used my Schaefer Anne, in the fiery colorway.
I have to say I'm a little scared. When I first looked at this pattern I did something I'm pretty sure most knitters do from time to time . . . I only looked at the first page and first chart. It's pretty straight forward lace knitting, you know every other row is purled. When I finished the first repeat of the second chart I thought I should probably look ahead. Damn. The even rows have all kinds of little symbols indicating that the stitches are not just purls! I will not panic. I can do this right? It all comes down to the knit and purl stitches. If I can do those, I can do anything . . . . right? Help!

2 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Look at you and your lace knitting self! Secret project and Swallowtail both look beautiful.

Holly Bee said...

I love the secret thing! From what I can see it looks SWEET!

I have faith in your Swallowtail abilities! You can do it!!

Love the color, so that's a good start!