Monday, February 11, 2008

Alpena

I'm here! I got here pretty uneventfully. It took a long time, apparently long enough for my assassin in hat attack to finish her weapon. She didn't mail it until today though, so I'm still knitting furiously.

It's cold here. But I gather it's cold at home too. The blowing snow up here yesterday was crazy! It was like a blizzard at times, you couldn't see anything. But the views from my nice warm cozy ( now anyway, since I've taken control of the thermostat) house are gorgeous. I can't take any pictures cuz I don't have a camera. Mine broke and I couldn't find my sons. I'm hoping my husband will advance me on my paycheck because there are so many great photo ops up here!

Like puppies! Oh my gosh are they cute. A shorkie and a yorkie poo. Teeny tiny little tyrants. We have to let them out three times a night and when they come in they think it's play time! They are best buds. They love to play tug-of-war, with anything, even a receipt from the grocery store! They are still getting the hang of the whole "dogs must crap outside" thing though . . . .

My hat is 3/4 done. I will finish it. I must. Otherwise I lose not only my life, but my dignity! I've done laundry and cleaned the house, painted one wall of of my daughter's bedroom. I couldn't reach the ceiling to tape it, so I rigged the two step on top of a cooler and tapped the ceiling on that wall. But since I didn't really want to take a trip to the Alpena Regional Medical Center emergency room quite yet, I decided to let Joe tape the rest of the ceiling. It's time for knitting don't you think?

I interviewed for a job at the Alpena County Library today. I'm afraid I am very underqualified. It was for a grant writing position. This library rocks seriously. It's huge and it has all these special collections and conference rooms which are used for serious conferences. Our conference room at my library is the only one we have, it's used for everything. Very different. This library has departments! With separate rooms! For goodness sake, it even has an IT department. Staffed by one IT guy. We don't really have an IT department. We have Kristin who is very computer savvy and the computer guy who is the IT department for the whole city of Clawson. Needless to say I was impressed.

But I did find out that I can finish my bachelor's degree through a program at Alpena Community College and then through and online program from the University of Wisconsin, I can even get my MLS. That was very exciting. Even Joe sounded excited when I told him.

So I'm off to do some therapeutic knitting on my doomed hat attack hat. Pictures maybe next time? I hope!

No comments: